Friday, March 12, 2010

Zeni, and Assaults

I logged in last night and checked the zeni mob that Sanraku wanted. It was Marbols. YES! FINALLY SOMETHING THAT DOESNT SUCK ASS! So I ran to go get my Soultrapper and film, and went to the Auction House to Dbox some of my gear to myself so I would have some room (70 inventory slots and too much crap). I went out to Vunkerl Inlet [S] to farm on the Morlbol there, I started working on killing the mob, but underestimated them, and I forgot about the double attack, and forgot to put up stoneskin and blink.. so I ended up dying. Not a big deal, I capped BLM buffer, remember? So I retraced myself, and went back out to try again. This time I wasn't such a noob.

After my first set of pictures, I got more supplies and was about to head out, when I got a /tell from Falk/Sjoidjgo asking if I was farming zeni. So we got together and went back in time to farm zeni. We finished one more set in Vunkerl Inlet [S] and traded the pictures in.

This time, Falk had a new idea, and wanted to try zeni farming in a different area, near a NM in La Vaule [S]. So we made our way out to that zone, and to the mob. We started to work it down to 1%,  and when it got there, low and behold, It was constantly resisting my sleeps. Thankfully, Falk was able to land his Reposes.

This ended up being more work than it was worth, so we just went back to Vunkerl Inlet [S] after we were finished turning in the pictures from the stupid sleep-resistant sleep mob.

Last night was our assault static. We spam Excavation Duty in Lebros Cavern so we can get our Yigit Crackows as soon as possible. We usually run with Zerayla, Begsta, Athoz, and Sabene and myself, but last night Zerayla was unable to make it, and Begsta was unable to show up until our 2nd run. I told Falk while we were farming Zeni that we had an extra spot tonight and offered him a spot. I told him that he could come NIN and he nearly came in his pants. The setup we usually use is BLM BLM DD DD DD DD, and we usually win with about 10mins remaining on the uncapped assault.
Look at me slackin on my DOT duties.
Usually, I'll hook a left right here and go solo the North wall, while everyone else goes to kill the other walls.

I'll usually try to finish my wall when the others still have at least 30% on their wall, so that I can get to the Runic Portal right as they're finishing, so that the 4 assaults don't take nearly as long, and eveyone can be on their way.
After our Assault static, Falk mentioned that he wanted to go up to Mount Zhalyom and pop a couple Borer Beetles (Tier 1 ZNM, Sarameya path). He was wanting to go up and fight it as: Falk SCH/NIN Me BLM/NIN. I told him that I didn't reallty want to do it without a refresh and gravity, and that it would take too long, so we decided to put it off until another night when we could pop a few of them each, so we wouldn't need to keep going back on different days. I think Falk is working on another Sarameya pop set. 
  I went back to Zeni farming, this time solo. I couldn't pass up the 88zeni/picture mobs. We've been getting 50~ zeni mobs lately and I wasn't making much progress. Last night I estimate that I got about 4,800 zeni, which I think is really good for the night. I'm trying to save up enough so I can blast through a bunch of Tier I and II's and farm a Tinnen, Tyger, and Sarameya pop for fun and hopefully get a lot of my friends some nice gear along the way.
I've still got a long long way to go though.


No comments:

Post a Comment