Thursday, March 25, 2010

Last night was fairly interesting. Since my blog post yesterday, I wanted to start with some of my CS’s for the missions that I was far behind on, so I started doing TOAU CS’s. Those things take for-fucking-ever. I did as many CS’s as I could before I got to a fight mission. The fight doesn’t look too hard, and says it can be done with as little as 2 people, so I might recruit someone to help me with that in the near future.


My friend Vepion asked in /linkshell if anyone wanted to lowman-Manaburn a Limbus zone, which I did want to do, but because of my obligations to I<3Caulk (My gay limbus shell) I can’t randomly do those. I am thinking of taking a small 1 week break and trying to solo some NW, or bring a friend or two.

After my CS’s, my friend Athoz started asking me about the new VNMs that were introduced. I hadn’t heard about them yet so he gave me the rundown on them. I was intrigued, so I started looking at the rewards and drops, and saw OMFG: Galdr Ring: 6INT Magic Attack bonus +1, holy shit, goodbye Snow Ring (not that I ever had one, but these are RA/EX and can’t be sold, so it means I CAN GET THEM). I decided to try one solo, not really caring if I wiped. I did some research and went to Passhow Marshlands[s] and figured out how to pop one NM. I did so, and it proceeded to resist bind, sleep and gravity, and I died.

So I found that Mindgrasp and one other person were doing these VNM’s already so I teamed up with them for a little while. We eventually figured out how to track the NM’s, and were quickly killing them. You don’t get the color change of your crystal each time you kill, it’s kinda like a drop rate, it might happen and it might not. Which is OK really, because these NM’s arent’ very hard.


After trying for 20mins or so, Mindgrasp and her friend needed to AFK for a while. I had noticed another small group doing the VNM’s so I asked if I could team up with them, and they let me. These two were killing pretty slowly, so my nukes were certainly helping. We also figured out this tidbit of information. The person to /heal on the NM spot, is the only person who will experience the crystal change. I’m not sure how many NM’s the other 2 people I was with had to kill, but it only took me, personally, once I teamed up with those random 2 people, 5 kills to get my Colorful crystal. It also appears that the color of your crystal after the Tier 1, will be determined on the zone you’re doing the NMs in. So I’m going to go forward with the Orange path.. I think it was orange that gives the Tier 3 NM that drops a item that will enhance Aspir/Drain, which would be awesome. And all the paths lead to the same Tier 4. So far Wiki says that the only thing it drops is the Galdr Ring, so I’m gonna be working towards that for the next couple days. I’m not really sure how hard the Tier II, III, IV NM’s are, but I’m assuming they’re difficult. These were actually a lot of fun, because my nukes seemed to do 35% more damage than they would to a regular mob. (I'm assuming it's 35% becuase puddings take 25% more, and this is more than that.) Resulting in damage looking like this:


On a side note. Of the new items that were introduced, there are a few items that interest me, as far as a Damage recution set are concerned. There is the Colossus's Earring: HP+10 MP+10 Physical damage taken -1% Light weather: Physical damage taken -2%. It’s only 1%, but that will end up putting SAM’s closer to the cap in the long run. Also, there was the Pagondas Earring: DEF10, which is normally something I would ignore, but in terms of Damage Reduction set, that 10DEF on a earring slot is major, in my opinion. However I am unsure of it it’s worth a slot in my 70 inventory. Now, there was this body piece Nocturnus Mail: DEF:49 STR+10 DEX+10 VIT+10 Accuracy+12 "Triple Attack"+1% Occasionally absorbs magic damage taken. The main reason I’m interested in this is because it absorbs damage. Now, this probably wouldn’t replace Arhat’s Gi +1 unless the proc rate on the absorb is pretty high, but it would be interesting to see some testing done on this. The 49 DEF and VIT10 would be a bonus for sure if it gave a decent proc rate. (Plus seeing Triple attack proc once in 3 years might be fun)

I’m interested in Aesir Torque: +20 Elemental magic skill +7 Dark magic skill +7 On Darksdays: Elemental magic skill +10 Dark magic skill +10, which would make me be able to put Elemental and Dark torque back on the AH. Seriously a space saver. These aren’t Ra/Ex though, so they’ll probably be really pricey at first. I’ll have to figure how what drops these and whatever, because I want to get my hands on one. Another BLM piece I want is the Incubus Earring: Magic Accuracy+2 Enmity+1, which is good for all enfeebles.

Sooner rather than later I would like to start building Magic damage reduction set. I see a few pieces here and there that make me go “Oh, that would be nice for MDR, if I had the space, or gil for such a thing, so I can stop dying to stupid spells.

Gonna update the Goals post as well today. Might write another post if I get bored in the afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment