Monday, March 22, 2010

I got to play a little bit on Tuesday. I knew my campaign medal was about to expire, so I thought I’d try to keep that from happening. I geared up SAM/WHM (No /dnc) and headed out. I think the first battle I went to was in Jugner Forest [S]. I had brought my Damage reduction set with me, and decided to try and use it to tank the campaign mobs (Hopefully while someone was curing me). It worked a little bit… Eventually I teamed up with a SMN/WHM named Blackmagik who was just cure-spamming me anyway. He was a nice fellow and helped me out quite a bit. After killing one mob, he and I went to /heal near the wall. Well, suddenly I see him jump up and sprint away and all he says is “!”. Turns out there was a whole wave of Orcs coming up behind me. They all aggro’d me. I threw on ALL my damage reduction gear, and Third eye and ran for the first group of NPCs. 

They engaged a good number of the orcs, but it still left 2 of them wailing on me. I engaged one that I had targeted and began to smack it with my windshield wiper. (Bad idea) I should have just kept my earth staff equipped, but it didn’t matter. My own personal SMN/WHM was doing a great job of keeping me alive… Until he ran out of MP. But by that time there was a WAR trying to take hate from me, and when I died, he had enough to keep Blackmagik safe.


After the battle ended (I got about 2.1k exp), I tried to check my medal, which still needed work apparently, so we went out to another battle, this time in Vunkerl Inlet [S]. I tried to tank stuff again, and failed miserably. After the battle (1k this time) I still couldn’t upgrade my medal, so I gave up and headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment