Tuesday, March 9, 2010

ODF's first blog, and his first post

My name, is Onedarkflame, ODF for short. I've played FFXI for roughly 5 years now. I've been a proud Thebrotherhood/SpiritOfTheWolf member for my full 5 years. I was brought into this game by friends who later quit (Touchstone, Royza) BUT I WAS HOOKED and have never wanted to stop since day 1. I have lots of fun every time I login.

So far in my FFXI Journey, I've taken WHM SAM BLM to 75, finally finished COP, and have been apart of many many events, of which I have fond memories of. To be completely honest, I haven't completed a whole hell of a lot for 5 years of gameplay. I haven't gone after awesome gear (until just really really recently), and the only reason that I've ever wanted to do any of the missions, was so that I could go back later and help others through them. I was given extraordinary amounts of help throughout my career from a few special people, who I will mention later (You know who you are), and that was how I learned that you don't become an amazing player just by pimping yourself out with awesome gear and all that. You do it by gaining experience (not experience points) through helping others. :)

This is a social game, and that’s how I enjoy playing. I enjoy interacting with people (although it's not always a good interaction) and working together to overcome incredible obstacles. That being said, I also enjoy testing myself solo to see what my jobs are capable of. I really enjoy helping others, but am usually too shy to ask for help for myself.


I'm sure nobody will want to read my blog, so I'm keeping this mostly for myself, for the lulz if you will. You will see guest appearances from members of my linkshell, and some appearances from enemies. I hope you enjoy reading. This is my first ever blog so keep in mind, that it might take a little time for me to get the hang of this thing.

2 comments: