Monday, March 22, 2010

I haven’t had a ton of time to play this week. My girlfriend is home for spring break and I would rather spend time with her. Sorry guys. Lol, Here is the update from the one night I spent at home so far this week.


I signed in the other night to play for a short period of time before my girlfriend came over, and decided to do some zeni farming. It took me about 15 minutes to actually be able to obtain 14 empty slots in my inventory for the soultrapper, and soulplates. You know, for all the time I spend zeni farming, I still use the 2 zeni items instead of wasting Imperial Standing or my time getting good soulplates to battle with and earn zeni.

I decided the best place to farm zeni on Birds was in Sky, so I headed to Tele-Holla (It’s the only sky-warp I have activated at the moment). It didn’t take me very long to get the birds down to 1%, and it was easy to do as BLM/WHM without gravity. I filled up my inventory and killed the bird and warped back to Whitegate. 77zeni/soulplate, not too horrible, It could be worse. Unfortunately, when I got back to trade the soulplates in, the day had just changed, and it only took me 15 minutes to get the soulplates, so there was going to be about 30-40minutes of downtime from my next farming trip and the next time I could trade in.
I decided to go out for a run, and didn’t get back until around 9:00. I decided to do another zeni farming session. This time, I stole Zerayla and Falk and helped them get zeni.

 After we finished, Falk asked if I would do a ENM with him… Sure why not? I ask which one, and he tells me it’s the Spire of Vahzl . While waiting for Falk to turn in all his zeni, I go about trying to find my SAM gear.. I haven’t been on Samurai in over a month, so my gear is all over the place. Not to mention, I have to sub WAR, and one day while I was in a hurry, I used WAR to bloodwarp myself from Norg, and I deleveled it to 36, so every time I SAM/WAR I have to /anon to avoid /laugh. ( Anyway, after a while of hunting I’m finally geared, I have my meat and my Anima, and about 9 empty slots, and we’re good to go!
We OP to Beaucidine Glacier, and at this point, I have no idea what we’re doing. I’ve never done an ENM besides the 2 Hagun runs I did. Falk assures me he knows the way, and it won’t take more than 10mins to get to where we are going.

From there we entered Pso’Xja. Now remember. 10 minutes. We enter Promy Vahzl, and start making our way towards idontknowhere. Falk decides to aggro a mob. We kill it with ease. It was one of those little ones. Falk aggros another mob, this time, a big motherfucker.

We both die. After we unweaken, we keep making progress towards our goal.. but wait… “ We’re on the wrong floor… my bad” …. So.. 20minutes later…. We’re still running… and running…. And running… and eventually we get there. I’ve been popping Hi-ethers out of a tank while we were running in unrestricted areas. Once we get to the door for the ENM, I pop a few more out, so that we both have 4.



Falk says that’s plenty, and he tells me the stragety, and we enter, and quickly wipe. So lets recap. 30minutes of running, wasting falk’s gil and hi-potion tank, and no gil… Another successful night for the adventurer’s of SpiritOfTheWolf Linkshell!

6 comments:

  1. That's rough man, at least Aimie and I made 3mil off that ENM yesterday, 9mil over the past 6 months. Suck it.

    If you want easy mode on this ENM though, pop 2 merits into polearm so you get penta at 50. Meditate when you enter and wait on the recast. Penta the teal one, 2hr, penta, meditate, dead. Penta x3 on the red one and it should be dead. All you need is someone to cure bomb you and to sleep the mob that pops from the orb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I'll try that next time, and I've already got 3 merits in polearm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had known that I would have just come WHM. >_> Just for that, we're trying again, and I'm getting you lost again.

    (btw, those hi-ethers sure help 2x SAM!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ifail. And you're better off coming SAM Falk, since you got the Soboro and I don't. (I have whm too remember? ; ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right, you do fail. Soboro is a) not a polearm and b) useless since the point is that the mob should be dead after your 2hour med/ic wing etc (40damage vs 69 = big differnece on WS). Side note, we need to get you a soboro! >_>

    (fyi, I used to do this BLU/WHM/SAM but the WHM was slightly incompetent and we didn't have merited PLM, and we still won 3/4 times (once was due to...nevermind))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I realized that after I posted that Soboro whoever had the soboro didn't matter, because it wasn't polearm, but my Polearm is merited. We'll have to try this again

    ReplyDelete