Thursday, March 11, 2010

Onedarkflame's Past, Present, and Future

So until this post, I've just been recapping what has happened the night before. In this post I'm going to backtrack a bit and tell a little bit about myself, as a player. Not as an actual person, because this is a FFXI blog. If I was interesting enough to have a real life blog, I wouldn't be playing FFXI.

I started playing back around 2005. I couldn't tell you a an exact date, or even a month. My friends in real life had been playing this game for quite a while and kept begging me to get into it with them. So eventually, I bought the game and did the did the 1million hours of updates, downloads, and more updates. I think I initally chose warrior as my first job. I'm a man, and I like to hit shit, so it worked for me. I took that to 30 and once I got it there, I got someone to help me unlock Samurai. I wanted to take Samurai to 75 first, that was my goal from day 1, but somewhere along the way, I fell in love with White Mage. I don't know what it was, but I still get excited when I get to play on it. So WHM went "Quickly" to 75, leaving Samurai in the dust.
(No screenshot of SAM75 ding)

By the time I got WHM75, my Samurai was still 13, but I was alright with it. Everytime we did an event as a linkshell, we always needed a WHM, and it made me glad that I was helpful.. But I still wanted Samurai, so a few of us in the shell made a leveling static, starting at 13, we ended at 75, and it took us FOREVER. We did eventually reach our goals, and I had SAM75. HAPPY HAPPY. I can finally DD in merit parties... but wait... Everyone's SAM is better than mine? Tachi: Gekko's for 600 max damage was depressing. But eventually, I was able to get some gear (some was earned, some was donated <3(THANK YOU ZERAYLA)) and those 600's turned into 700's, into 800's and now they're ~900-1100's. :) I still have quite a few upgrades to do for my Samurai, but I'm really happy with where it's sitting at the moment. I've been able to build a fire resist set for SAM, and an "ok" Damage Reduction set, so it's not just limited to merit parties. Coming soon, I'll be co-tanking Sarameya, and hopefully getting the win... I think I've co-tanked something on Samurai in the past, but I can't remember right now... so, moving on....

Black mage, Black mage, Black mage. I LOVE BLM. It's useful in nearly everything, and its so FUN to play!! But the road to 75 was long. Very long. Some nights I would exp/solo for 5 hours and end up 7k exp LESS than when I started. But I would see LS members like Carste, Sabene, Zeo and Zerayla out on BLM, blowing the shit out of stuff with huge nukes, and I would be like "OMG I WANTS THAT", so BLM was getting to 75 one way, or another. It took quite a while, and a lot of effort, but I must admit, that I had quite a lot of help from my friends. They let me leech every time they went to Manaburn, and built parties to let my BLM exp in. I still get quite a lot of help, gear wise, from these friends (Minus Zeo. He quit the game. Fucking wanker) But BLM eventually got to 75. It was quite a while before I was able to successfully solo the puddings for EXP. My BLM has grown to be my favorite job, and it still has quite a bit of growing to do (especially since they're adding the level 99 cap)

I've mostly decided to focus on my BLM, and make it the best I can. I've taken quite a lot of lessons and tips from my friend Carste. He also introduced me to a different way of playing BLM that rrelied heavily upon use of Heralds Gaiters. So Carste and I (Neither of us owning Gaiters) set a ill fated pact to work towards obtaining these... that didn't last long. After about 2 weeks of non-stop NM hunting/farming, we were only 400k~ richer, and hardly any closer to the 12-14million.. So we sorta gave up on that for the meantime. I still want my Gaiters, but 13mil gil and my time would be better spent in other slots of my setups. So I dumped what little gil I had earned with Carste, and bought myself a few pieces of needed gear.
The Dark Torque helps me cap my Bio DOT, and the Cheviot cape helps me to stay alive. :) I'm also in an assault static so I can obtain these:
And get rid of these
It's not a HUGE upgrade, but it's going to be better than the Cobra, and the MND is good for my stoneskin macro :) I'm pretty excited to finally get rid of the Cobra. I think I'll do a whole post on upgrades I want for my BLM in my next post. (If I don't get too much work at the office here today ;)  )

No comments:

Post a Comment