Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I'm gonna stop naming these posts.

Last night was an alright night. It was the first time I was able to login since the update and sever merger. It didn’t really change my plans very much though. I still needed to rank up a few ranks for Campaign so I could get my Patronus ring for my SAM (and probably for my BLM standing set). That would equal 7% Damage reduction on my ring slots. So I went to work on SAM/WHM and started smacking stuff with my Hagun. I Was able to rank up after 2 battles, and I began working towards my next rank up and teamed up with Carste for some fun duoing campaign mobs on SAM, which didn’t really work out, since we now have tons of people doing campaign since the merger.





After Carste went AFK, I noticed Sabene had logged in. I messaged her and told her I had a pop to get her some Vicious Mufflers, and asked if she would be free to go kill that NM, which she was, and she recruited Athoz, her hubby THF, to come and poke it for us.

The fight went off without a hitch, Sabene was BLM/NIN, I was BLM/RDM (Accidentally, meant to go /nin) The NM went down quickly and Sabene was the proud owner of some Vicious Mufflers. These are awesome until you can get the Zenith Mitts from Sky, but once you get those, I’d suggest just tossing these, unless you have DRK leveled?
                         



It was Limbus time, and it was Omega…. Again…. How boring. I don’t particularly like Omega, because I don’t need any Homom gear from it. I’d like to skip Omega some day soon and try my hand at soloing a Limbus zone at some point for more Ancient Beastcoins, I still need quite a lot for my Brutal Earring and Loquacious Earring, and I think there was one other thing I was wanting, but I can’t quite remember. I don’t really expect to win a zone, but to at least walk away with 10 coins or so would be an awesome improvement, since we usually only get 3-5 coins when we farm zones. I’m not really wanting to buy the coins, because I’m kinda poor. I know, “Go farm” blah blah. Whatever, back to the limbus post… Carste got to tank again, and he had a hard-on for himself the entire time. I went /nin to stun the Gunpods when they spawned so that everyone else could take them down, since they spawn and run around wildly. The fight was again, easy. And the bids for the gear that dropped were extremely low, but people still won stuff.
Run Carste, run!


Magic Burst Killshot FTW

After Limbus, I went to read the /shouts that were going on in Aht Urhgan Whitegate, and was checking bazzars. I’ve been on the hunt for a Sorcerer’s Earring for my BLM Standing set, which would put me well over the 50% cap when under 25% HP. I decided to put a post up on the QCDN.org website asking if anyone had one to sell. They are rarely on the AH, and when they are, they are quickly bought. While checking bazzars, I came across an Arhat’s Gi +1 for 500k, which was 100k less from the current AH price, so I messaged the guy and bought it, which brought my gil down to ~4k. The plan was to put it up on the AH for more than I bought it for and be richer when it sold… Well, I put it on the AH for about 580k, and when I checked this morning before going to work, someone had undercut the 600k sale down to 520k, and now mine is way outpriced… So I’m considering keeping it for my SAM DRS, since I was planning on upgrading those pieces eventually. If it comes back to me once or twice, I’ll probably just keep it and sell my NQ one.



I’m not going to have a lot of work to do today in the office, so I’m going to write up a post for my own amusement about my BLM, and what gear I want for it, and other things that I need to accomplish. (:

2 comments:

  1. If you want to solo Apollyon you can do NW (I think, whichever one is the behemoth). It's relatively easy as far other zones, but as always you can get screwed over by luck. I generally walk out with 15-25 coins whenever I do it on SCH, and I can't imagine it being very differnet on BLM (just bring a few refresh drinks! lol)

    (btw, if Carste hasn't shown you already, go and find kaeko's ffxi blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seen and memorized it. Thanks falk.

    ReplyDelete