Monday, March 22, 2010

Weekend post

This is my weekend post. I don’t remember much of it, but thankfully I can piece it together with my screenshots.

On Saturday, I had Limbus again, and we had another Omega pop. I was a bit distracted during the fight, because I was trying to take care of my sick girlfriend at the same time. Basically, I usually just stun and nuke on BLM, and it’s a good time. We killed him no problem, as usual. This time we only used 1 tank, and it was Carste NIN/DRK. He was so excited to solotank Omega, he had multiple orgasms over it. We were able to farm the pods. And OMGWTF, Zerayla got some gear?! HOLYSHITYEAH! Grats to her. Lol, Here’s a screenie from the fight. This is the most people I’ve seen come to a Omega fight in my short limbus career.

Shortly after Limbus, I asked Falk if he was bored and wanted to do something fun. He of course, said yes. We decided to go kill the flying Dragon NM in Xarcabard [S] for some fun and possibly for some gil. We both geared /NIN and OP’d to the zone. I was first in zone, and it took me no time at all to find the NM, but I was uneasy about aggroing and holding it by myself without movement speed, so I decided to wait, and hope Falk got into zone quickly… which he didn’t. (My camera was in the wall)


By the time Falk showed up, the NM was nowhere to be seen. It took us roughly 20 minutes to finally aggro the fucking thing. We both ended up dying at least once trying to aggro the NM, and aggroing other mobs that we couldn’t sleep. We killed it by kiting and nuking around the Campaign tower.

It went down real easy with 2 of us. Nothing really of value, just a 70k item that we ended up splitting (that’s 35k each for those of you reading that can’t do math…. Steve…). It was a good time and now I have something to do on my BLM again, which is recap BLM buffer. I’m down 15k from cap!!! It’s a good excuse to help up-and-coming BLM’s get 75 in levelsyncs. Also, I made a friend!


The next day, I logged in around 130 in the afternoon, and decided to round up some people to do some ZNM’s. Falk and I had an Anantaboga pop that we needed to get out of the way so we could start farming our Tier 3’s. I apparently documented a lot of stuff today, so be prepared for lots of screenshots. I was able to ask Sabene and Athoz to come help us out, which was actually really good, because I think it might have gotten messy with just 2 people. We went out to Mt. Zhayolm and made our way to the pop site. It took Athoz forever to get into zone. He’s soooo slow. He couldn’t stop whacking off to Lightning from FF13 long enough to swap over to FF11 and login. (kidding.. maybe..) Anyway, when we finally got to the camp, and cleared the area of the Dahak’s, the fights went kinda smoothly… Minus the charming, and the lullaby’s.. and the deaths.. We only had deaths on the first pop, and it was Sabene (Sorry) and Athoz (Yay). The second pop went smoothly with no deaths, and I even got to aspir Athoz who was /WHM. :D lol




After the ZNM pops, Athoz and Sabene and Falk invited me to join the XP static they had going in the afternoon. It was hard to decide what job to bring, so I decided to bring something that would help the exp/hr and brushed the dust off my WAR36. I had almost NO gear for it whatsoever. Athoz and Sabene were able to supply me with some really good gear for the level. I was excited now! I had forgotten how fun gearing low level jobs were, and I had forgotten the joys of exp grinding. After I got all the gear for my WAR, I decided to finally do what I’ve been wanting to do for a long time.. Begin to unlock PLD. That’s right fuckers, watch out. ODF, the MPK King is going to…. Pld? I’ve been wanting to try my hand at it, so I began by doing the first preliminary quest, but didn’t have time to do the 2nd or 3rd. I really got the idea because I’ve been trying to build a tanking set on my SAM that doesn’t suck, and with limited gil it’s kinda hard. Also, Zerayla is usually forced into the PLD slot, when I know she probably wants to play her other jobs, so I’ve embarked on a stupid quest to level another job. My PLD will never ever be as good as Zerayla’s. But I can probably tank some easier stuff like Tier 3 ZNM’s and whatnot. Anyway, back to the blog.



We went out to East Ronfaure [S] for some real good, and fast exp. This was a great party for one reason and one reason only… SUBLIGAR!!!! Yeah, look at those sexy legs.



Now… Not only was my SAM/WAR gimped because I was 36.. But my WAR was gimped because my Great Axe Skill was 71 when I started in the party… So there was lots of Squid Sushi +1 being used. I even spent a little gil and got an ACC necklace for the party. I started out by missing a lot, and hitting for 20’s. By the end of the pt, I was hitting for 80’s. What a big difference it makes! We were getting OK exp, about 11k/hr., and by the time I hit 101 Great Axe skill, we were sitting around 15-16k/hr. We invited a BRD that was lfg. (Who refused to pull because Colibri hit too hard and he’s a pussy.) So Falk who was RDM/SCH at first was pulling. He later died and switched to /Nin, and was pulling like a champ. Here are some screenshots from the fun.



Also, Sabene and Athoz kept level-uping together. So cute. *Barf*.

The exp pt lasted from my level 36, to level 41. Not bad for one afternoon. Except for one little thing, the party was excellent. The BRD leveled up and disbanded right after. He was unwilling to stay for 3-4 more kills (5 minutes tops) so that 2 others could get their level because he capped EXP. I’m never inviting him to anything ever again.
So the party ended, but Zerayla still has a bit more time on her NIN to get it to the new 49 subjob cap.

After the party, I asked if anyone would be interested in helping with a Tier 3 ZNM that I was wanting to pop, Khromasoul Bhurborlor. I got some responses and began rounding up those people into a party. I asked Zerayla to PLD for us, and I would backup tank on SAM/NIN if she went down. We ended up getting way more people than necessary, and one member couldn’t even make it to the fight fast enough to do any damage to the mob. We pulled it from the pop site, to the Halvung entrance.

The only trouble we had with it was around 10%. Zerayla went down, and I did everything I could to stay alive. I was able to hold onto it until it died, but right as it was going down, it did something to me and down I also went. That’s OK though. Gives me more reason to play on SAM to revamp my buffer on it. It’s getting pretty low. Khromasoul dropped Enkidu Subligar, which went to Athoz, who has helped me with all my tier 1’s and 2’s lately. So congrats to him! This was my first time really tanking anything on SAM, and it’s clear I need some practice and some better Damage reduction gear.



After Khromasoul, Rockten asked for some help with Cheesehoarder. We had plenty of people to kill it, but it very nearly killed us first. >.< ODF KILLSHOT!



After Cheesehoarder, I went to work on my Allied Notes and my Campaign medal, so that I could get a Patronous (sp) ring, to add to my Damage reduction set, and hopefully get some stuff from campaign that I could sell and possibly upgrade some of my other items with the gil. Also, there is an update today, which is supposedly going to contain some new campaign gear to be released, so I am hoping to be able to get some new stuff that would benefit some of my jobs.

Today is also the day Midgar is merging with us… So I’m sure we’re going to see some weird stuff in the coming weeks…

No comments:

Post a Comment