Thursday, April 1, 2010

I left work early on Tuesday because I wasn’t really feeling all that well, and went home to lay down and play. When I signed on, I noticed Sethidus was trying to get some help for a MKD Chamber of Oracle's BC that he was needing, so I offered my services. He was able to get one extra person from /shouting and we set out for the BC. It was a rather easy fight after we argued what jobs to take. I ended up going SAM/NIN. The fight was so easy with sleepga.




So easy in fact that we broke the time record. (which isn’t really saying much since the server was reset in the last week or so)


After the fight, I decided to work on doing some WOTG missions. I did all the CS’s I could until It came time to fight my first NM, which I decided would be a good idea to solo.

(This fight actually happened in the early morning before I went to bed, but still wanted to blog it) The fight wasn’t too hard, and I don’t remember the name of the mission that it was for. I popped the orc, and since it’s rather easy to bind and gravity, I just nuked it until my MP was empty, and then bound it and ran towards the zone in Jugner Forest [s] and once the orc caught up with me I tossed Bio II on it, and ran around with it until it’s gravity wore off and I put a fresh one on and zoned to wipe my hate and zoned back in. When I zoned back in I rested my MP to full and ran back to the slowly walking NM. I started with the nukes and gravity and binds again. This time I grabbed a crab and used it as a MP battery, aspiring whenever I could. The fight took about 15-20mins and was rather easy to do.



After killing the NM, I continued to do Cs’s until I had to kill another NM. This NM I wasn’t too sure about soloing but I was confident from my last solo still, so I decided to give it a whirl on BLM/RDM again. This NM was supposed to be difficult because it was in Jugner Forest [S] near those Gnoles over by the entrance to La Vaule [s]. I set a game plan and popped the NM (After 5 hours of cutscenes >.<). I stunned it the moment it popped and Elemental Seal – Bind and threw on sneak and invisible and ran to the Recall-Jugner chocobo NPC, and waited for bind to wear off and for the NM to come running with 1,000,000 links of orcs. Sadly, I only got 1 link from it. Right as the NM was about to hit me with the link, I jumped on a chocobo, wiping my hate from both mobs. The link despawned and the NM sat there stupidly for a second while I got off my chocobo, and it immediately reaggro’d me. I stunned, bound, and gravity’d it, and took my time sleep nuking it. This was a rather easy fight, and the hardest part was the pull. Easy solo for any BLM.




After I got sick of the cutscenes in-between battles, I decided to try to farm a Khroma Ore in Mount Zhayolm. Janko seems to get them so frequently, I decided to give it a shot. I probably should have tried this BEFORE the Alexander/Odin shit came out because there was a ton of people farming the pop items by mining. I used up 2 stacks of pickaxes and made 100k on Alexander pop items, which wasn’t so bad, so not a entire waste of time. Later I’ll try buying some mining gear and actually empty some serious inventory and try again.

While I was putting my mined stuff on the AH, I saw a /shout for VNM in Pashow Marshlands, which is the zones I needed. I’m not doing the quests or whatever, but I am interested in the gear that they drop. I’m not ready to give up the Hagun that took me the better part of a year to save up for. We got some troops rounded up and we did some job changing and we got into zone. We were fighting Shaggroth and Lamprey Lord. I was only interested in Lamprey Lord because it drops a earring that enhances Aspir/Drain spells which would be AWESOME.

The people I was with didn’t mind letting gear go freelot either. We swapped between Marshlands and [s]. We were out there for 4~ hours and were able to kill the NM’s with some adjusting, and some poison potions to counter the sleepga’s.

We eventually did get a earring to pop but I lost the lot. It wasn’t a total waste of time, and now I know how to kill those 2 NM’s and I know that we can do it with SOTW when the time comes.


The next day I stayed home from work because I was still recovering from the day before.

I didn’t really get a whole lot done like I wanted to. I ended up syncing BLM’s with Athoz to help him get level 63(or 64).


After the levelsync, I decided to go get my North Gustaberg [s] campaign warp (That’s right, I didn’t have it). That didn’t take so long, and after that I decided to start prepping to try and solo a limbus zone. I consulted with Carste on which would be the easiest to do as BLM/RDM, and he told me NW would be BLM friendly except that I can only use thunder nukes on the ghosts because they resist Ice. I geared, and waited for the current LS in that zone to exit and then I entered. I killed my first ghost. It took me 7 minutes to kill, emptying my MP 3 times in order to kill it efficiently. I moved on to get the time chest, and accidently popped the HP MP restore chest. >.< There goes my free 2 2hr’s. I knew from here on in I was boned. I moved over to kill my 2nd ghost, hugging the left wall. I emptied my MP 2x and was /healing when bind, stoneskin, and blink all wore at the same time, and it resisted my sleep and quickly killed me. I had RR up, but at that point, once weakness wore off, I was only going to have 4 minutes to kill a mob, pop another time chest and possibly be able to floor up…Wasn’t going to happen, so I got up and warped out. Some lessons learned. Don’t try again without HQ Thunder staff, Forest rope, and max my MP merits. I was only able to get take roughly 30% health with all my MP, so Forest rope + max merits = 90MP, which would put me into a position where I would be able to afford one more Tier 4 nuke, which would bring my damage on the ghosts to about 38~% health, which still isn’t excellent. It was fun to try to solo it though. I also think I’ll swap to Melon Pie +1 for 30 more mp(I think) a the cost of a little INT loss, and I’ll bring some refresh drinks next time. I wasn’t overly prepared for this run, it was more of a test.


After the failed limbus, I went back to WOTG missions, and recruited Carste’s NIN to help me with a easy BC fight in La Vaule [s]. Easy duo NIN/WAR WHM/BLM.

After the fight I continued to do more CSs until I reached another BC fight. This BC fight was an assault style BC. I entered it solo not really expecting to win, which is good, because I didn’t, but I believe it can be duo’d.

After my failure I went to bed. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment