Wednesday, June 2, 2010

6man Sarameya, what?

Well.. Where to begin? My friend from real life (Yes, I have those) finally came back to FFXI. He introduced me to the game a long time ago. His name is Marvolo. When he quit FFXI for the second time, I took his account and pretty much cleaned him out. He didn’t have a whole lot, but when he came back I gave him 300k to start out and bought him some gear. I was over at his house when he first logged in again, and he still had a linkshell with people in it who remembered him, which was cool. Just so Marv could get a feel for the game again, I built a level 20 party for him at Qufim Island and invited his LS mates. I had never heard of any of the people in that linkshell, but everyone in that shell knew my name, and what jobs I had leveled… Weird much? (inb4 Mr. popular) Marv was on PUP, and the party lasted about a hour before I had to go home to do my WOTG static.. and we wiped to the ghosts that spawn at the pond…




Marvolo has RDM55 but doesn’t want to level it so he’s picking up THF. Hopefully I can level PLD or DNC with him.

Did ISNM3000, won another Khroma Ore. That brings me to 2/5 on ISNM runs.


I helped Athoz kill the Augment NM Eraser in Sky so he could attempt to augment his Thunder Ring that he had bought. We popped the NM, and it had shadows up, which scared us at first because we both thought he was immune to magic, lol. He got pwned with his augment.

That same afternoon I helped Athoz get started on his VNM journey. Ok, so not entirely true. I was using Athoz to help me pop Lamprey Lord so I could solo him. We got Athoz his Colorful Abyssite and we traveled to Pashhow Marshlands and were unable to pop Lamprey, and kept popping Shaggoth. Someone must have gone through and killed him recently because we couldn’t find him anywhere. Regardless, we both died horrible deaths and gave up on that for the time being.




S-A-R-A-M-E-Y-A

This is the part of the post that everyone is skipping to. My 6man Sarameya kill. Based on Kaeko’s www.Kanican.livejournal.com post, I assembled my team, and after much canceling and rescheduling, we finally got together and traveled to Mount Z to kill the 3 headed bastard dog. This part will be very screenshot heavy.

This is the team I took.
Zerayla – RDM/WHM
Sabene – BRD/WHM
Athoz – COR/WHM
Sjoidjgo – WHM/SCH
Carste - SAM/WAR
Onedarkflame – SAM/WAR

Xean- THF th4

Our fights took 38minutes and 30minutes, and we popped twice. There was no deaths and since we were prepared it was an easy fight. Carste parsed our fights and we were pretty neck and neck as far as damage is concerned. 49%/51% -52%/48% I think. I don’t quite recall any ‘OHSHIT’ moments, except for when Sabene wandered in to do songs for us and got lolslammed by Gates of Hades for about 90% health (twice).
Just a side note. Xean was being played by Zerayla, who was our RDM. So while we had TH4 on the mob, Xean didn't DD, and just tagged it, so he isn't really counted in the equation. If anything, he is gimping us because having Xean online was causing Zerayla to lag a bit.

Heres the screenshots.














2nd fight

Didn't get as many in the 2nd fight. Sorry.
We got some –ok- drops. Nothing really that’s going to make us rich. I did pick up a Oracle’s robe… Good for… Hmp? When everything has sold from our 2 pops, we’ll have just over 2mil to split I believe.
Well, that win pumped everyone up. We all agreed that if we could farm more pops, we would fight it again, so right after we warped out, I got on BLM and started farming more Zeni. I got to 3k before I was full on inventory and had to wait at least 45mins before Sanraku would accept more plates, so I joined a nyzul 80 run hoping for Goliard…no luck.



Did a Merit pt to get some Imperial Standing, and some merits to use on… mp? I’m running out of things to put them in! Better get some more 75’s.

Upgraded my Inventory from 70 to 75.

Upgraded my Mog Locker to 50.



Sandy got the Throne Room again, which means Allied Ring is available once more, so I’m burning the charges on mine so I can get a new one. I teamed up Sjoidjgo again to get some exp on Red Mage. I used Allied ring and Emperor Ring and went from 43-46 in just 2 hours. After a while, I had to afk, but Sjoi offered to keep killing with me as level sync, because he could solo and the exp was still good, so I was happy. Thanks Sjoidjgo for leeching me to 46! As a gift of my gratitude, here is a screenshot of us that you can hang on your refrigerator.



And last night: Dynamis-Windurst! FINALLY! We had 25 people show up for the run and to help me and Sadistic get the win so we could attend Northlands for the rest of our lives. My main lot was BLM, but 3 pairs of SAM droped and 1 went freelot, so I picked up a pair of Saotome Haidate. We had 4-5 100cc’s drop, and month end bonus was handed out, and I got about 200k.

1 comment:

  1. I'll probably work on RDM again after I'm back in the feel of the game, but I don't want people hating me bc I can't handle a RDM's role in mid 50's parties. I mean come on, I got lost trying to get to Pashow last night! :[ lol

    ReplyDelete