Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Onedarkflame the Red Mage… wait what? Red Mage?! That’s right! I’ve decided to level RDM while leveling PLD. The reasons for this are simple.


1. Sword Skill. RDM and PLD both use swords so I might as well level them both.

2. Solo capabilities. I find myself with less and less people to play with these days, so it would be nice to be able to accomplish things on my own, or at least try. (:

3. I enjoyed WHM to 75, so I think I’ll also enjoy RDM. Also, a lot of my WHM and BLM gear can transition into RDM so it won’t be so horrible on inventory.



I’d made this decision a few months ago, and leveled my RDM from 37 to 39 in an East Ronfaure [s] party. After that, I really didn’t touch it much since I was still working 24/7 to improve my BLM. Recently however, after talking with Falk, I decided to pick it back up and try and catch up with his RDM, which is in the 60’s, which kinda puts PLD on the backburner, but I’ll be leveling that whenever I can.

I tried my hand at RDM solo for a little bit, but it was clear that my gear and current sword skill were rather inadequate and I ended up having to sleep things and run away. After the failed solo, I put together a Crawlers Nest party which lasted for a little under 2 hours. It was a decent party, and only had 2 deaths.



Funny story about the deaths though. I was level 39 and our WHM died, and I started doing /shouts for someone to get a raise, when the whm says “Doesn’t RDM get raise at 38?” … why yes, yes it does. I had no idea lol. So I raised the WHM, and the party kept going.
I got Convert and Refresh in the same hour, and that was awesome! Things really started moving after refresh since I had invited a BLU who was self skillchaining and I was Magic bursting off him (for loldamage). After I dinged 42(I think) the pt disbanded and I stayed in Crawler’s nest to solo some bee’s near the entrance. They weren’t particularly difficult to kill, but my sword skill was so terrible that it took 14mins for me to kill just one. I killed 4 of them just to level my sword and got about 13 levels on it. It’s still pretty far from cap though.

After my RDM spree, I afk’d and did random things until it was rather late. I was getting ready to go to bed when Buckeyespud logged in. He had been wanting to kill Aquarius for the axe he drops and hadn’t been having any luck getting him to pop recently, so I geared up DDWHM and headed to The Boyahda tree to help him out. We weren’t killing crabs for more than 20mins before the NM popped. Buckey claimed it and started hitting it, and I started buffing us, and quickly took hate. Buckey was able to take hate back with a sneak attack, but after I casted haste on him, Aquarius came over and beat me to death. I RR’d and got up all my necessary things so I wouldn’t die again, and started backline healing with my 300mp pool. I was taking quite a lot of hate, even though I wasn’t really doing much, and even though my WHM gear has –eminty on it. We killed Aquarius in 10minutes and Buckeyespud got his drop. Good for him, bedtime for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment