Monday, May 17, 2010

I’ve done a decent amount of playing in the past week or so.. but unfortunately my screenshot button didn’t get a lot of use, so I don’t really remember what I’ve been up to… I’ll start where I remember, and there is a good chance that none of this will be in order. Also, not a lot of screenshots, sorry kiddos.

We’ve done a few limbus runs, and we did 1 Omega, and ended up getting paid off a Homam gear buyer, which was split evenly between those people who were at the Omega fight. The fight went well, and we ended up not having any deaths, and got paid. I don’t quite remember how much we got. The shell leaders (lol) are trying to devise a point system or something to even out the gil for those members who weren’t at the Omega, but did help farm the pop set. It’s a good idea, if they can get one started.

I’ve done 2 Dynamis runs with ROR since my last post. One of the runs was Dynamis – Jeuno. I don’t remember what I was lotting on in this zone, but I didn’t win anything. The other Dynamis we did, was Windurst, or at least it was supposed to be. We got our zone stolen by a rouge shell that doesn’t use the QCDN scheduling threads, so we got forced to do a Sandy run instead, which really fucking sucked, because I needed the win from Windurst in order to attent Northlands for the rest of the month. I think we’re doing some scheduling changing to get our Windurst in before northlands, which would be awesome. Also, the Month End Bouns from the Dynamis shell was a pretty penny, even for someone who only got ½ the full amount. By the time I got my payouts from the Limbus, Dynamis, and the Failnaught that Carste and I sold, I was up to 2Mil gil. High roller. (not really) So I spent some of that gil upgrading certain slots for my Samurai. I’ll talk about that a little later in the post.
I bought the materials for Carste to Synth me a HQ Thunder staff, and sign it. Sadly, all I got was a signed Thunder Staff. This isn’t really relevant information, I just wanted my 3 readers to know that Carste fails.

Not entirely FFXI related, and doing a bit of bragging here. Carste and I were talking on Skype, when we decided to bring Hesper in on the call. We were talking for a little while, when I asked Hesper what his real first name was. When he refused to give it to me, Carste and I (mostly me) went on a internet rampage to find out who Hesper was. He was a self proclaimed “Hermit” and “Didn’t exist on the internet”. Well, 20minutes later, and after he lied to me about everything I asked, I eventually tracked him from his graduating High School in Texas, to Illinois in a small town, and found out his full name, address, phone number, and parent’s names. Even after I found all that out, he wouldn’t admit to it, and we had to trick him into telling us what we wanted to know. So, Hesper, the Fox/Wolf hybrid, I tracked you, and won. Don’t ever assume you’re not on the internet. Because you are. And it’s not that hard to find. This was a hilarious night, and Hesper has never been so uncomfortable in his life. We also found out that Hesper puts his money in a blood bank… (inside joke)
We’ve been continuing with our Wings of the Goddess Mission static, and we’re progressing at quite a rapid pace in my opinion. We’ll be done long before the update rolls around and the new missions/areas will be added. Last week we got a M. Ingot which was a nice free 230k.

In the past week, I’ve gotten 3 item’s I’ve been craving. Allied Ring (exp ring), Patronus ring, and Anniversary Ring. I’m saving the Anniversary ring for BLM once the new level caps come out, I’ll probably use the Allied Ring on DNC or SCH or PLD to help move those faster. The Patronus ring is a quite a good item for me to have, since it can be used for all my jobs in one way or another. (Especially for Samurai tanking in Campaign)


In the past, Spirit of the Wolf LS has done some amazing ZNM fights, and shattered records on some of those fights. We decided, under the guidance of Carste, to farm Sarameya pop sets, and sell items off that ZNM, as they are very profitable. So, after about 2 months of non stop farming and killing, we had 4-5 Sarameya pop sets. Sadly, time after time, we gathered full alliances and threw them at Sarameya, and failed miserably. These losses made SOTW not want to touch ZNM stuff for a long long time. Eventually I was the only remaining person with a Sarameya pop and I’ve had it for quite a long time. Long story short, I’ve done lots of reading and research on Sarameya fights, and I feel that we can successfully lowman him with 6-7 people using a strategy that Kaeko outlines in his blog, and was able to do successfully. I chose my team of 6-7 rather specifically, and have been prepping my Samurai for the fight for quite a while. I’ve built Physical damage reduction gear sets, Fire resist sets, and even taken a merit out of Meditate to lower the timer on Third Eye so that I get hit ever-so-slightly less. I’m getting so picky about my SAM for this fight, I’m even considering using an item that drains 1MP to give VIT +1, which I know is stupid. The only other upgrades I can make for my SAM for this fight would be to get an Arhat’s Jinpachi +1, and a Cassie Earring. (Cassie earring would be used to even out my HP from my TP gear into my Damage reduction. But, sadly, that’s 900k in upgrades for 2 slots that I’ll only use for this fight, so I probably won’t be getting them. Here are the items I’ve gotten in the past few days for the Sarameya Fight.

Dusk Lesledans
Patronus Ring
Orochi Nodowa
Brutal Earring

I ended up spending a bit of gil to get my Brutal Earring, since I previously threw away a handful of ABC’s.

I also joined a Lamprey Lord shout, which wasted 3 hours and we only got 2 successful kills, and no earring drop. Blah. I hate shout groups.

Just the other night, we went on a Jailer of Faith killing spree, and went 2/3 on the torques.. We even had a special quest appearance…

That’s all for now. I’ll update when I do something cool… or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment