Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Our first month of Freedom!!

So I’ve been planning on writing up this post for the better part of a week, but kept forgetting to bring my laptop in to upload screenshots. Which, by the way, is a pain in the ass to upload on my office computer. Every time I upload and place a screenshot, I have to refresh the page and open post and do another one. It takes for fucking ever, so I hope you enjoy, dickfags.



I was in a party last night when Peetie told me he was reading my blog, so this one’s for you, from the BLM who pulls too many frogs. 
Not sure where to start this one.. Every time I write these I have to go back and see what I’ve covered in the last post, so I’ll do that now. Oh, this is the first post since we left AP… So much for the “expect more updates”. I’ll blame that one on the holidays!



I’ll take a second to say that Buckeyespud is probably quitting FFXI for good, and that Carste and I will be taking over on him from now on. He’s doing one last run with us tonight, 4manning Proto-Omega. (I’ll hopefully be able to take plenty of screenshots of this) Carste has pretty well succeeded in pimping out Buck’s THF so it’s useable wherever, building an evasion set, tp and ws. We’re going to be getting his BRD unlocked soon, as well as getting him Evisceration.. Might even level his WHM! We’ve upgraded his inventory to the 80 slots



Carste and I finally finished our Indra Staff’s.. except I’m not a high enough level BLM to equip it yet, so I’m stuck at the +1 phase until BLM90.




Carste, Zerayla and I have started working towards our Empyrean Weapons.

So for me, I’ll be working towards my Masamune

Carste is working towards his Kannagi


Zerayla is working towards her Rhongomiant




We’ve been spamming Sobek for the item’s for Carste’s weapon, and for upgrade items for Aimie and myself.



We’ve recently begun working in abyssea la’theine farming Carabosse and Briareus for the Empyean upgrade items. I’ve been getting sorta fucked on the number of Carabosse gem’s that are dropping. I’m hoping we can get claim on Ovni while we’re in this zone. I’d really enjoy getting the MND+13 body piece… And we can try to proc the abyssite for whoever else is tagging along with us, which grants an additional 3minutes for each Traverser stone..


Big goals, also, big inventory dump. :/ I’ve started working on the annoying NM trials. I breezed through trial 644 in Giddeus, and I think I’ve gotten 2/3 kills for the Nm in Buburimu Peninsula. I’m wanting to get up to the part where I start handing in the drops for NM’s so I can hopefully not get full inventory and not be able to do shit. (Incoming: Sell/drop your shit you don’t use; ect.)


Stole Buckeyespud’s THF a week ago to try and farm some organs so we could finally get our gorget’s.. killed quite a few things, but ended up with very little results.


Got BLM to 90 last night. It was a pain in the ass. I got invited to an abyssea pt in La’Theine that had apparently been going a while, and the leader was permafk, so rather than waste my time by warping out and looking for another invite, I took over lead and got shit rollin. I started pulling on BLM, and let me say, it’s actually kinda fun with Manawall. It was pretty important that I got 90 last night. I’ve finished my final Indra’s staff trial, but couldn’t use it until 90. Definitely necessary for Omega tonight, I just wish I had my Ice staff trials done also. I’ve gotten some upgrades for my BLM. Searing Sash, Witchstone, Goetia Chain.… I’m considering getting some better INT+ ring, because the Sorcerer’s Ring inside abyssea is terrible, because you nearly need to be at red HP for it to active..






We’ll be doing a Dynamis Xarcabard run, lowman style to kill Dynamis Lord. I wonder how far along we’ll be with our Empyrean weapons when it’s time to do this. I’m also wondering if I should drop my other GK’s that I’ve been doing trials on..



I’ve been toying with the idea of Zeni farming again, and hopefully getting a Pandemonium Warden pop, and trying to figure a way to kill it with as few people as possible.. but on top of everything else we’re doing right now, I think I’ll work on this the least.. Especially since I think having a few players with upgraded Empyrean weapons would help on that fight quite a bit!

Carste and I have duo’d Turul a handful of times, still no drop on his body piece. ):




Carste burned through the last few missions of COP for Buckeyespud, and we gathered a little firepower for the last fight and… short of me getting Cometed and dying, it went rather well.






Had ourselves a Zerayla DanceParty too!



I haven’t bought Hero’s yet. Been kinda crunched for cash, plus, it’s an excellent excuse to make sure we have all of our older content finished before moving onto the new stuff. Stuff like upgrading feet, legs and head pieces for our friends and ourselves (or even getting those pieces. The only +1/2 pieces I have are SAM Head/legs, BLM legs, WHM legs/feet..) Still want to finish off my sets.



It seems that we have an overwhelming amount of work ahead of us… And sadly, we have so little time to do it in.. and on top of everything else, we need to get ourselves Shin access so we can get twilight gear. Ughhhhhhhh. But most importantly our friend’s are having fun with us around again.

Fag-OUT!

1 comment:

  1. I like your new tagline. Also Teal Slops and Cog. Belt should be better in Abyssea than what you have now, noob. And you put two of the same picture in, omg y u do this wrong?????

    But srsly, glad to see you guys doing low man stuff like that! If you ever do DL make sure you post about it, I'd be curious to see how it goes. xD

    ReplyDelete