Monday, October 4, 2010

So I stole Vepion late one night, and decided to let him PUP it up for me to kill some NM’s. We successfully claimed and killed Bakka, PUP/NIN and WHM/SCH. Also killed Lachymater, neither gave us the drops.




After those two NM’s, we checked on a NM for Vepion in Abyssea – La-Theine named Kesha Poppo. This was a pain in the ass NM, which took 90minutes to kill. Vepion swapped to BRD/COR and I swapped to BLM/RDM. I don’t remember what the drop Vepion was looking for was, but he didn’t get it. This was a pain in the ass, because to kill it, I had to drag it across 75% of the zone, and then find a way to deaggro the links I had gotten along with the NM. I was far enough ahead that I was able to hit a conflux, and then warp right back. Luckily I was right, and the NM was alone, and didn’t have 10 other Opo’s with him. I Bio II’d him and ran him to the kiting spot. We shortly found out that after he does a TP move, he has hate reset, and Vepion nearly died a few times. I wish I had gotten more screenshots of this, but I was concentrating too much.. Next time I do this I’ll be /nin since 75% of the fight was me losing my pin because I had to put stoneskin back up. Vepion said that PUPs were soloing this by deactivating their puppets and whatever, but I can’t see that happening unless it took the full 120mins to do.



This section is about Carste and I getting raped. A lot.

After scoping out the Wiki for about 30mins, we decided on a small handful of NM’s to kill in Abyssea – Vunkerl which dropped seals which we needed for our jobs. Carste was RDM/WHM, I was SAM/NIN. Let me start by saying, I’ve never done any Shadow-Gekko tanking before Abyssea came out, so I’m still not a pro at it.. The first NM we were going to try, was a rabbit named Gnawtooth Gary. We popped the first one, and wiped to it around 60%. Even though Carste was successfully landing Slow and Paralyze on it, his double and triple attacks were too much for me to keep up with… combine that with a badly timed convert, and you have a wipe. We were able to get ahold of Vepion for the next attempt, which was excellent. He came on BRD, and would be picking up any SMN or PUP seals that would drop. We did much better this time, but still wiped. I died after a short time, and I was able to fully unweaken while bouncing hate between Carste and I. Shortly after I unweakend, the NM did an AOE WS, and we all died. Fucking fuck.

On to Quasimodo. This mother fucker had NO information on the wiki, so we figured we’d give it a shot. Thankfully, we still had vepion, and none of us died until we wiped. Sadly, Vepion had to leave at 30% because he ran out of time. For those of you planning to fight this, bring a stun. Quasi does a frontal TP move which terrorizes you for 30 seconds exactly. It has a bit of a cast time, so I believe stun could be used. He also has a aoe Curse + dmg move, which takes a few seconds to build up. During the few seconds he is charging up for it, it is possible to run out of range if you can get outside the 20’ . I’m not sure if it’s possible to stun it. Regardless, we wiped at 2%. He seems to have high defense, and additional attack food doesn’t seem to do much, so I might go with a tank food next time…

Last night, we got something that will make fighting these NM’s a lot easier. (I was WHM/SCH) With AP, we fought Eccentric Eve, and won! It was a fight from hell though. One of the BRD’s aggro’d Turul (The flying dragon in the sky), which has alliance hate. The BRD quickly died, and at a terrible time. I had just ran into the tank pt to give bar spells, and got hit with a Nasty breath or something, but it took 80% of my health, and paralyzed and poisoned and silenced me. Regardless, Turul was coming, so I casted flash on it, smashed the fuck out of my PDT macro, and started running. I didn’t get very far, before Poison got me. I warned the alliance that Turul was coming for them, and Carste was able to take him and start kiting him away from the alliance. Carste was able to hold Turul at bay for the remainder of the fight. I was able to unweaken after a bit, and the fight continued.. until one of the RNG’s pulled hate, and a few people over there died.. and then the tanks died… and then the SAM died… so eventually, it was down to one of the RNG’s kiting it around until the PLDs unweakend. We killed it, but sadly one person was still dead on the ground, and he didn’t get the Atma.

This atma, is the atma to end all atmas.. 50STR, Double attack 10% and Regain 2/tic. I CAN’T WAIT to get home and use this tonight. I hope with this atma, and a little macro tweeking, Carste and I will be able to get our NM’s killed… I just wish it hadn’t taken 70 fucking minutes for the leader to let us enter so we could start killing. I was half asleep once the fight started.




Well, that’s it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment